Pages

Monday 11 April 2011

lazy monday afternoon...


As I'm always working weekends, I try to give myself Mondays off. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't but somehow, no Monday-off is ever quite like a Sunday-off; a lazy-day to do just as I please.


Today I was supposed to be catching up with the paperwork. We didn't. I'd forgotten to set my alarm and slept for a whole twelve hours. I assume I must have needed it. When I did wake up I had tea in bed and a read of: Answered Prayers. It's rather rude (about everything and everyone) and makes me cackle. The only part I'm not looking forward to is finding out why it's 'unfinished'. 


Eventually I made lunch. A bargain-basement composition from last night's swag-bag of Waitrose reductions (I got tender-stem broccoli, french beans, helda beans and British asparagus: all for 10p a pack. ha.) I lightly burned my reduced muffin, slathered it with butter and topped it with a slice of leftover Milano salami. Steamed some reduced asparagus over my perfectly poached eggs. Slathered the asparagus with more butter (I'm not that fussed by asparagus but being 10p improves it). Took a bite. Took a photo. Le nom


Then we watched the next instalment of Battlestar Galactica which is becoming a nightly obsession. Although last night I conked out before the opening credits were done. Then I got round to packing up a couple of orders and made a dash to the Post Office where I was greeted at the door with a smile and a hello. (They must have missed me).


When I got back to the ranch the sun was splitting the sky and I had to stop and take a few photos. The camera on my new-ish phone is no great shakes but the Vignette app has transformed it. I love the toy camera setting, particularly as I miss my old toy camera. 


And I love the pheasant-eye lilies which are nodding demurely at the end of our street. 


And I love lazy days off.



No comments:

Post a Comment